Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A special letter..

Mike Harvey, who has a letter in the paper nearly every day, mentioned me and 5 others in a letter to the Advance which you can read here.

I'd just like to say that I wish there were more people like Mr.Harvey. He cares about his community, and cares about the world of conflicting ideas that surrounds him.

Mr.Harvey is a deeply religious man, from what I see. He took the time to mention that he enjoyed all of the letters in the paper, including mine, which attacked Stephen Harper for appointing religious figures to government posts. This is an attitude I am unused to seeing from the deeply religious, and is something to be commended.

I guess this is just to say that I honestly appreciate this letter, and Mr.Harvey's contribution to the community. As much as I like riling people up and making them angry, it is nice for once to have someone who may not necessarily agree with me recognize that we are both working to change our world, which we share, for the better.

Thank you, Mr.Harvey. Keep on writing.

No comments: