Wednesday, May 13, 2009

An end and a beginning...

Thank you to all of my supporters, my family, my friends, co-workers and boss, Marc and Jodie Emery, Jane Sterk, and the Green Party of BC. This has been an unbelievable learning experience for me, and it is a great starting point for my political career. The tide will turn my friends, this is not the end of the fight, and I will never give up. I managed to get over 1600 people in Fort Langley-Aldergrove to vote for me, and that is huge for a controversial young man like myself, running in a highly conservative riding.

In the next four years I hope to remain a noteworthy figure in local politics. I am going to arrange a number of protests whenever they are necessary with regards to the environment, transportation, drug policy and gang violence, and social justice. I will be an activist until the next campaign. If anyone is interested in the activities of my activist group, please post some ideas and join my facebook group: "Langley Residents for Drug Policy Reform". My new project is to get a website up and running and connecting with local progressive drug policy archives and group networks to arrange a more cohesive outlet for fighting against this civil war called "The war on drugs".

I hope anyone who voted for me who reads this will keep in touch. The beautiful thing about the Green Party is that we have the facts on our side, and we function not as a rigid party of smooth talking insiders, but as a grassroots network of socially conscious people. Each and every one of you who voted Green are as important to this community and planet as me, or any other candidate. I will not let you down, and never stop fighting for freedom, sustainability, and electoral system reform.

Peace and love,

Travis

No comments: